Thursday 24 January 2008

Alleys

I was reading a couple of articles on the web a few weeks ago about skittle leagues in Taunton and Cardiff and both articles were about the shortage of alleys due to pubs closing or pubs doing away with alleys for eating areas. Both articles could easily have both been written about Dorchester and it's surrounding villages. I think this is the biggest danger to our skittle league as I can't see where any new alleys may be built. The players are still keen and there are plenty of youngsters joining or forming teams, and the level of skittles is very high let's just hope there are enough alleys for us all to play on.

I got thinking about alleys new and old after reading the articles and these are my favourites.

Prince of Wales Puddletown and the Cornwall Hotel (both my home alleys)

Colliton Club alley 1 (town alley)

The Swan (old town alley)

Royal Oak Milborne (village alley)

Bladen Club (first alley I played on)

British Legion at Wool (for the bread and cheese and to see my mate although they usually beat us)

Weymouth Working Mans Club ( outside Dorchester League)

If you'd like to post your favourite alleys drop us an email to tgosney@tiscali.co.uk

No comments: