Sunday 17 February 2008

Fixture books

The oldest fixture book I have in my possession is from season 1952-53 and has Section A on the front of it so I would imagine there my have been a separate one for Section B as I have one the following year and both sections are in it.

These are the nine teams that made up Section A in season 52-53

ANTELOPE HOTEL
BREWERS ARMS
BULLS HEAD
COLLITON CLUB
COMPASSES 'B'
CORNWALL HOTEL
PHOENIX HOTEL
PRINCE OF WALES
R.A.F.A

There were no league tables printed in the following years book so I don't know who won the league, also there were no names of the secretaries or home alleys although most teams were named after the pub or club where they played.
On the front of the book it has the name of the Chairman as W.Neal and Secretary and Treasurer as A.E.Grinter.

If anyone can add anything to this season or has any information about any years before this I would be interested in hearing from you. tgosney@tiscali.co.uk

No comments: